How do you clean hardwood floors?

+10

What solution is best for cleaning and shining hardwood floors?

• Nancy Nancy on Nov 28, 2018

I use a sreamer with water only.

• Unexpected Elegance Unexpected Elegance on Nov 28, 2018

I have found over time that anything that I've used to "shine" them dulls quickly and seems to look worse. I use a product called Norwex that allows me to use a damp cloth and water. I love it.

• Carolyn Stoop Carolyn Stoop on Nov 28, 2018

Try using white vinegar and water. I have learned after 16 years of hardwood flooring that I have to clean them by hand with a solution of vinegar and water. Don't worry about the smell it goes away quickly.

• See 2 previous
    • Carolyn Stoop Carolyn Stoop on Dec 01, 2018

Kathy Gunter Law gives you the ingredients below but in just in case:1 cup vinegar , I use white vinegar.

1 tbsp blue Dawn

2 gallons hot water.

Have used this for 16 years and if I do say so my hardwood floors still shine and look great.

• Bona products are what I use.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Nov 28, 2018

1 cup apple cider vinegar

1 Tbsp blue Dawn

2 gallons hot water

Wring mop to damp.

I've been using this since I was a kid. It cleans and removes residue from all the other cleaners.

• See 1 previous
    • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Dec 01, 2018

My floors are shiny after mopping. It keeps them at their original luster. Here is a picture that shows my bedroom, best picture I have right now. I don’t think it adds shine. I mopped my parents floors recently. They were refinished in 1969 and had gotten very dull. It cut through years of build up and they weren’t shiny but had a luster and no longer dull.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide Lauren of Mom Home Guide on Nov 30, 2018

You could get a Bona cleaning kit that comes with the mop and cleaning solution especially madefor hardwood floors.

• Britt Britt on Jan 30, 2021

Vinegar and water