A Pop of Rock Art

$0
Advanced

We have this big blank slate in front of our house full of white gravel and nothing else. Today I decided to get to it and create a tree made with repurposed brick from our fireplace and some rocks we have laying under our very large Pine tree. I then went in and painted the rocks and bricks with watered down acrylics. I love how it turned out! It matches the brick of our home and gives the front a pop of color. I can't wait to create another art piece made with rock and brick for the other half of this large white gravel area. I crawled under the pine tree to get these rocks and I'm pretty sure my neighbors thought I was a little fruity. This was not an easy project, it took lots of crawling, sweat, heavy lifting, bending, and shoveling gravel back and forth. However....I love being outside when the weather is warm so I enjoyed this project even though my daughter told me I smelled really bad and had sweat stains from top to bottom (lol), however it was fun even if I was a hot stinky mess.
Recycled Bricks from our old fireplace painted in a reddish brown with rocks found around our large pine tree painted in a watered down acrylic green.

Kimberly Noelle

• Catherine Deirdre Rodden

Love it! My space is more squat but you've inspired me to use the bricks & green into a bush and can sprinkle pink or yellow as if flowering bush. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Vickie Parker

You are pretty amazing VERY talented. Your imagination is wonderful