Jill G
Jill G
  • Richardson, TX

First DIY Project Complete!

$40

This desk is an heirloom piece that belonged to my Grandmother, who happened to have just passed away in March. I've had it sitting in my garage for well over two years and finally got enough courage and time (three boys 5 and under at home) to complete it!
Before
Before
The before shows how desperate it was in need of an update!! You could sway it side to side and the pull down had to have two screws for it to lean on or it would fall in.
During
During
This was after completely removing the old wood backing to prep it for a new wood backing and paint. I used a primer that allowed me to not have to sand down anything and it worked great and saved me a bunch of time too!
Finished!
Finished!
And here is the finished project! I'm more happy than I thought possible! I used Behr "Embellished Blue" paint on the desk, and painted an antique chair I had purchased at a thrift store white. I went crazy at Hobby Lobby with some little decorative pieces too! I absolutely love my little corner in our home and can't wait for early morning reading and journaling time!

• Bethany P

You chose a hum dinger for your first project & you did a beautiful job!! Love the turquoise! Kudos! You're gonna get the bug, now!! Well done!

• Hannah V

Beautiful color!