Feather Santa's Belt Wreath

$15

Feather wreaths are a favorite of mine so when I saw this black feather wreath base at a thrift store for $1.99, I grabbed it so fast! It was a blank slate waiting for creativity. I immediately thought Santa's belt because of the black and knew I had other craft materials to make it look like Santa's belt.

feather santa s belt wreath

You also need ribbon, green felt, red craft poms, glue gun

feather santa s belt wreath

I mean $1.99........search your local thrift stores!!!! But you can also buy a wreath base and add a feather boa for this look. Wrap the boa around a wire wreath base.

feather santa s belt wreath

I had gold ribbon from Michael's already. I cut 2 different sizes to make a rectangle. I cut 4 pieces. Cut pieces depending on how big your wreath is.

feather santa s belt wreath

I drew the holly leaves and cut them out of green felt. The craft red poms made cute holly.

feather santa s belt wreath

Now add a hat. Every Santa needs a hat. I had one laying around that was perfect because I love leopard print. This is a sassy Santa!

feather santa s belt wreath

I cut the sides a bit to slide over the wreath. Being round, you need to cut slits to get over the wreath.

feather santa s belt wreath

Keep like this or add other Christmas touches!

feather santa s belt wreath

Who is more iconic than Santa? You could use a white feather wreath and make another iconic character, Frosty the Snowman.

The CSI Project