Asked on Nov 28, 2018

How do I get the lint screen in my clothes dryer to collect the lint?

TinaLynn SorrellGrandmasHouseDIY
+4

My clothes dryer lint catcher is not collecting the lint in the lint screen,some damp lint is collecting on the inside front door of dryer

William

Check the vent hose in the back. It may need to be cleaned. Also check the outside vent cap so the flapper is openong and closing. Lint does build up on the flapper.

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

I never heard of that, I suggest you call the manufacturer . Something is wrong.

• GrandmasHouseDIY
    GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Beth that sounds like you may need to get some professional advice. Here's a tutorial on how to thoroughly clean your dryer that may help: https://housewifehowtos.com/clean/clean-your-clothes-dryer-for-faster-drying/

• Lynn Sorrell
    Lynn Sorrell

Are you using fabric softener? it's residue is making it stick it coats everything,it will also be inside dryer filter area,dryer vent and exhaust. Need to wipe with Dawn dish soap & hot water and clean out exhaust vent too. then don't use fabric softener use woolies felted dryer balls stops static from lanolin on wool and if you want scented put real pure essential oil on dryer ball wipe down inside of dryer every 3 mos. with vinegar water solution help with static and run white vinegar thru wash rinse cycle it is natural water softener it will help soften clothes. dryer lint build up is one of main reason for home fires.

• Tina
    Tina

When I had damp lint around the door, it needed a new gasket.