Asked on Nov 30, 2018

How do I remove spilled paint off of tile floors?

NatalieLindaLaura Cooper
+4

My dogs spill paint through out the house on the tiles .What's the best item to use to get the paint off ?

• Landsharkinnc
    Landsharkinnc

if it's latex paint --- plain rubbing alcohol will soften/remove it -- on the dog use a good cream rinse or olive oil and comb/brush/comb, reapply!

• Pat Rios | The Wood Spa
    Pat Rios | The Wood Spa

I use baby wipes. They work like a charm!

• Laura Cooper
    Laura Cooper

Latex removes easily with warm soapy water. Let it soak a bit to soften, then wipe up with a paper towel. Stubborn spots can be removed with a nylon scrubby.

• Linda
    Linda

I am so sorry to hear this happened. Sometimes once it dries you can peel it up. Another thought is to test an area with mineral spirits first and if it doesn't harm your tile use it to remove the paint. Make sure to wear a mask and open your windows. I would do it in small areas first and then clean it up to see how it works out.

• Natalie
    Natalie

If the paint has dried, I would use mineral spirits and a toothbrush to get into the grout.