Painted Snowflake Ornament

$5

The last couple of years, I have been making ornaments, both for my tree and to gift to friends and family. The older I get, the more I cherish handmade items. Today I am showing you how to customize a plain wooden ornament for gifting!

painted snowflake ornament

Supplies needed

• Wooden Snowflake Ornament
  • White paint
  • Decal or Permanent marker
  • Ribbon

I found a pack of plain wooden ornaments at Oriental Trading Co, but you can probably find similar ones at a craft store. Start by painting the ornament with 2 thin coats and let dry. I used a Gloss white spray paint.

painted snowflake ornament

If you have a cutting machine, you can design a word of your choosing and cut on vinyl. You could also use a sticker/decal or permanent marker if you do not have a cutting machine.

I used transfer tape to transfer the vinyl word "Joy" to the wooden ornament.

painted snowflake ornament

Loop a coordinating piece of ribbon through the hole and hang on your tree. It would also make a lovely gift topper!

painted snowflake ornament

What word would you put on your ornament? For more Christmas projects, including more ornaments, head to my blog: Real Girl's Realm.

Mary from Real Girl's Realm