DIY Cardboard Christmas Village

$10

I have the perfect reason for you to hang on to all those Amazon boxes... You can use the large pieces to create an amazing cardboard Christmas village like this one. The best thing about this projects, is you probably already have everything you need to make this!

diy cardboard christmas village
diy cardboard christmas village

Cut out houses from the good cardboard pieces.

diy cardboard christmas village

Use the smaller pieces to add more details... doors, window shutters, chimneys, windows, etc...

diy cardboard christmas village

Paint the houses with craft paint.

diy cardboard christmas village

I used puffy paint to add lines for my windows, but you could use the regular paint to paint them on.

diy cardboard christmas village

Use Mod Podge to add confetti for the snow. Decorate your houses with ribbon, pipe cleaners, bows, foam stickers, pom poms, - whatever you want. I used stuff I already had for this project. I only had pink confetti, which was fine for my snow. I probably wouldn't used any color confetti for the snow, except yellow... haha for obvious reasons!

diy cardboard christmas village

Tape your houses together in the back. I used duct tape because I didn't want the tape coming off.

diy cardboard christmas village

When folded accordion style, your village should stand. You can use the entire box, but I wanted to be able to fold my village after Christmas and store it easily for the next year.

diy cardboard christmas village

Make your village as fun and colorful as you want. Use colors to match your home décor and get creative with this project. My village is a place I wish I could walk around in... it's so pretty.

diy cardboard christmas village

This would also be great for a Christmas craft party. You could have the houses pre-cut with all the decorations set out and available for everyone to use. This project was free for me, but I will price it out for the accessories...

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Jewellmartin

Lost Mom, I don’t know why you chose this screen name, but I think of you as Brilliant Mom. The village is three steps above great. Thank you so much. ☺️

• Leslie Turner Webb

This looks like something fun to do with my 4 1/2 year old granddaughter!! She would love making this!