Front Porch Faux Tile

Last summer, I decided I wanted to give my grungy garage floor a makeover. I "faux tiled" it and it turned out great! This year I decided to do my front porch and add some extra design.

I started by thoroughly cleaning the concrete. Then I rolled on two coats of Kilz paint.

The next day, I rolled on two coats of the color I wanted for my grout. I had to finish the edges with a paint brush.

Once my paint had dried for a couple of days, I laid out my pattern. I had drawn out a sketch beforehand using the measurements of my porch to decide how big my tiles should be and how many "runs" I needed. I used basic 1/2 inch masking tape in my garage but it was too wide for my porch. I found some 1/4 inch tape at a auto parts store. They also had 1/8 inch but I chose the 1/4 inch. This isn't as hard as it looks. I overlapped lots of lines with tape and then cut around my design using a sharp razor blade.

Next comes the fun part! I mixed and matched paint colors I had on hand and blended them by dotting them using a plastic bag. Consistency is very important here.

This is my finished product. I applied two coats of concrete sealer.

This is the rest of the porch. I only did the diamond design in front of my door. I posted my project on Facebook and had several job offers within a few hours!

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas