Painting Rocking Chairs for a Front Porch Update

$125

Over time we accumulate furniture and who knows how well it will match up. My front porch had become this less than welcoming place so, it was time to update some of the furniture to give it a cohesive look! You can see the specific tools I used on the blog! ~> http://thatsweettealife.com/painted-rocking-chair/

Poor pitiful situation.

I had to clean them up of course! Nothing serious though. I love these scrubbing pads! Also, I never like to use harsh chemicals since I paint so much.

After sanding I scrubbed them up and wiped them off with a slightly damp rag.

This spray shelter makes it so easy too. Not only does it control over spray but also keeps the bird poo away! 😃

This would be my paint choice. No top coat required and sprays like a dream! I recommend it for solid finishes and especially on cabinetry.

The weather was ideal, (warm and dry) so a coat in the morning, and another later in the afternoon and I was done!

So much better!! I had actually started first on the little table and decoded I wanted to do the chairs after I saw how nice and sharp it looked!

At first glance you would never know its not a set! It all came out so nice. Sleek and modernized. This is the first step in my front porch refresh! I hope you hop over to the blog and follow as I paint and stencil the front porch, make porch decor, and paint the front door! You can subscribe for updates from the blog here~> https://www.subscribepage.com/get-more Happy Home Talking folks!

15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Thea Osborne/ That Sweet Tea Life

• Liz

It looks great, but wondering why you used interior paint?

• Mikkigirl

They are finished off with a spray shellac sealer.

• Virginia S.

Don't you just love your front porch?? The sleek black paint looks so nice. Love it! I don't know if I could ever live in a house again without one. A question regarding what you said about painting your front door. I am wondering if it is already painted or plain wood? I am considering painting mine, but they are very old and have never been painted. Some people think it is a capital crime to paint over unfinished wood.