Dollar Store Rudolph Decoration

$5

Over the last few days, I've thrown myself head-first into everything related to the Christmas holidays. I've finished my shopping, all of my decorations have been pulled out of storage and scattered around our house, and, of course, a number of festive DIYs have already been completed.

If you enjoy the holidays and everything they have to offer as much as I do, check out the tutorial I put together below. I

diy dollar store rudolph the red nosed reindeer decoration

To get things started, you're going to want to open up your puzzle and lay out all of the pieces.

P.S. Aren't these pom-poms amazing?! I don't think I could have asked for a better find for this project. Thank you, Dollar Tree!

Next, take a look at the instructions. As you can see, the puzzle I'm using isn't very complicated there are just a lot of parts that have to come together to make it work.

Punch out all of the pieces, and then assemble the wall mount and the two sections that form the base of the head.

Insert the cardboard discs into the head base starting at the back and working your way to the front.

Once you have a fully formed head, work on assembling the ears and the antlers.

Voilà! You now how a completed stag puzzle!

Finally, to transform your piece into everyone's favourite reindeer, all you have to do is add his shiny, red nose. This is where one of those glittery pom-poms will come in handy.

Simply add a dab of hot glue to the pom-pom and stick it on top of the cardboard snout.

Because of this one, simple addition, you'll go from having a plain deer decoration, to a festive Rudolph display. I think it's safe to say that Christmas crafting doesn't get easier than that!

Katie Sara Creates

• Maude LaFountain

Where did you find the Puzzle at ?.....I might have missed it in your post ...But I couldn't see it anywhere ...

• Don't you just love dollar stores? You can literally make something out of nothing. One year I made mini fairy gardens for the girls at work for their birthdays. Another year I made cupcake stands and filled with home made cupcakes for each person, everything (other than my baking), came from a dollar store, garage sale or thrift shop. It's amazing what a couple dollars worth of stuff, some paint, pom poms, and embellishments can do. And then everyone thinks you are a genius . . . Love it. Thanks for sharing. ❤

• Katie Sara Creates

Thank you, Naomie! I totally agree. These days, a lot of the stuff you find at a dollar store is just as good as craft store products - but way less expensive. And you can never go wrong with garage sale and thrift store finds!

P.S. All of those projects you mentioned sound awesome, especially the fairy gardens (too cute!).

• Joan Krummert

I love this so cute, and I actually think I could do this without messing it up.