Tammy
Tammy
  • Greensboro, NC
Asked 2 days ago

How can you paint bathroom wall fixtures?

Dixie Belle Paint CompanyOberlinmomLinda Sikut

I have some cheap old light fixtures and I was wondering can you paint them without taking off the wall and if so what kind of paint?

q can you paint bathroom wall fixtures
  • Linda Sikut

Hi Tammy,

I'm Linda. Is the background mirrored or is it a shiny plastic? Probably the best paint would be a spray paint but the overspray could make a mess unless you cover everything around it. You'd need to remove the light bulbs and completely tape of the sockets then take plastic drop cloths all around above and below the light fixture. You'll also need to have good ventilation to use spray paint. A window and a fan should work but I'd also wear a face mask. I've also read that acrylic enamel will work for mirrors or plastics - especially ones specifically made for plastic. Look around at your local paint stores to see what is available in your area. I hope this helps. Wishing you the best.

• Oberlinmom

Everything Linda said above plus you will probably need to sand the shiny off so there is tooth for the paint to grab on.

• Hi Tammy! I can tell you how to paint that light fixture with Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint! :)

It is super easy to paint with Dixie Belle:

Step one: Clean with White Lightning

Step two: Sand rust spots, then apply two coats of Slick Stick

Step three: Paint one to two coats of Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint

Step four (optional): Use Gator Hide for a water-resistant finish, or any other top coat of your choosing

If you ever need help or have any questions you can feel free to call us at 813-909-1962 during business hours. We have a full staff here eager to help you!

We have an awesome group on FB that gives you all kinds of help if you are interested. click here to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FriendsWhoLikeDixieBellePaint/