How do I clean stain in the bathtub?

+6

Remodeling my new house and decided to keep the tub to keep things easy but after cleaning there’s a greenish stain near drain and when I first turn on tub brown water comes out! Not sure how to clean this, I’ve used comet and Mr.Bubbles. Thx for advice!

q how to clean stain in bathtub
  • That's from hard water. I clean mine with a pumice stick that I bought at Lowes. It gently rubs away the hard water build up. The sound it makes is pretty awful, so wear ear protection.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Dec 03, 2018

See if you can find a Calcium Line Rust like CLR. Barring that, soak a rag in vinegar and let it sit on the stain to loosen the buildup the scrub.

As for the brown water- that sounds like a pipe issue and will likely be a bigger fix- sorry!

• Maura White Maura White on Dec 03, 2018

Try Bar Keepers Friend - it has oxalic acid acid in it that might do the job.

• You might try CLR for that. Or Maura could be right, Bar Keepers Friend is good stuff too.

• Janette Haines Janette Haines on Dec 03, 2018

I used oxiclean to some success

• Laura Castleman Laura Castleman on Dec 03, 2018

need to flush out hot water heater

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Dec 03, 2018

IRON OUT,Zud,Comet Cleanser green scrubber sponge. Do you have well water? is that the only place the water comes out different color?

• Dawn Case Dawn Case on Dec 04, 2018

Toilet bowl cleaner- the gel kind that REALLY CLINGS. A scrubby sponge and gloves. Let sit for only a few seconds... seriously... count to 20 and wipe off. Rinse well. Work quickly and get plenty of fresh air. I know is for toilets but it will work for tub and sink stains too.

• Dee Dee on Dec 04, 2018

Hot white vinegar and dawn. Let sit on stain for a few hours. then rinse off