Loofah Bar Soap With Soap Base

$20

Soap base bar soap with luffa sponges inside. You'll have super soft skin that's moisturized. The soap is beautiful and useful and makes a great gift!

loofah bar soap with soap base

Slices of luffa turn ordinary soap into a luxurious gift. The soap is simple to make with this soap base. I love to use this base that moisturizing soap using natural ingredients!

loofah bar soap with soap base

Cut the base into cubes and melt it. For melting instructions, see the blog post below. Once you have the soap melted. Add the ingredients of your choice. You can cut a luffa sponge by using a serrated knife. Scissors will cut them, but they cut much smoother and easier with a knife. I use a bread knife. Click here to see where you can get luffas or seeds to grow your own at home.

To make luffa soap, put a nice slice of luffa into your soap mold first.

loofah bar soap with soap base

Then take your melted soap base and add whatever you'd like. Textures and fragrances enhance the soap. I use high quality essential oils. To see where to get the oils or what combinations make beautiful and interesting soaps, click on the blog post below.

loofah bar soap with soap base

Next pour the soap over the luffas until the mold is full. The soaps take a while to harden into a bar. Let the filled molds sit undisturbed for at least an hour but until they are firm. Once you take them out of the molds, they will take on moisture if you don't keep them in an air tight container.

loofah bar soap with soap base

This bar looks beautful with lemon zest on top. Oatmeal makes a pretty texture too. Click on the blog post below for recipes for the soaps.

Cover your soaps with plastic wrap or store them in an air tight container. Make sure you store them seperately so they scents don't intermingle. You'll have a much better soap bar to use or give as a gift.

loofah bar soap with soap base

The soaps look gorgeous stacked up in mason jars.

loofah bar soap with soap base

These soaps just take a few minutes of time to make and are gorgeous for giving and wonderful for using. I hope you'll try your hand at making some!

Little Sprouts Learning

• Mitadeo

Can I melt regular bar soap to cover the lufa? I'd like to use Fels Naphtha soap for my hard working friends. Plus a anti-bacterial for sensitive skin.

• Little Sprouts Learning

Jill, that's interesting. Seems like more work, but maybe not. I'm super allergic to dove, so I wouldn't try it but it's an interesting concept. People are so creative.

• Susan

I've wanted to grow loofah for quite a while. From where can one buy loofah seeds?

• Nadine Hartman Bourne

Susan they have a long growing period. depending on where you live. say Arizona vs Wisconsin. you will need to start the seeds indoors as soon as possible. I'm in central California. Starting in January, I soak my seeds in water for a few days then plant in little pots and transfer outside in April. By November they all need to be harvested before it gets too cold. I haven't checked the links but I got mine off etsy a few years ago. save the seeds from what you grow and you will never have to buy them again. Oh and they are edible if you pick them small. like no bigger than 4 or 5 inches long. they are delicious.