Christmas Burlap Wreath Needed

$10

Christmas and decorations are a big deal at our house even though our space is limited from when we downsized and sold our huge house on an acre of land. Still, decorations can compliment the holidays with a little imagination. After decorating my built in hutch and my Mom's old hutch, I decided our kitchen inside door needed a burlap wreath.

christmas burlap wreath needed

For the main base I used a small wire wreath I had on hand I bought for just under $2. I purchased too many burlap rolls, so I decided to use the green and add some color to it.

christmas burlap wreath needed

The wire is very stable so it is easy to apply the burlap. Just poke it through from the bottom and make a poofy-type loop. After you have the burlap fold pushed up through the wire, twist it from the bottom and grab onto the top loop.

christmas burlap wreath needed

You can put several loops into one section by twisting the bottom and poking the fold through again. It holds itself in with the twisted bulk. Continue around the ring until you have used all the burlap or leave a section you want to add some more colors and texture.

christmas burlap wreath needed

I had this burlap plaid left over from the kitchen hutch and simply wrapped it loosely around the last 1/3 section of the wire wreath. I pinned it on the back side to secure it. The bulk gave the plaid a nice full look also. I chose bright sparkly flowers with clips on them. They came 3 on a card for under $2 also. I tied the bells and star on with jute string.

christmas burlap wreath needed

With a little green faux pine and cones added with pins hidden on the back side and a star with sleigh bells my burlap wreath was complete. I love the green with the plaid and sleigh bells that ring every time I open the kitchen door. I may add some cinnamon oils to the faux cones and burlap. It was just the touch my kitchen needed to complete the Christmas decorations. I probably spent about $10 on this wreath, but if you buy the materials AFTER Christmas, you could cut that cost to 1/2 or 1/4 of my $10. I usually buy them after Christmas for the next year.

• Sunshine Kat

This turned out really beautiful and I've seen things like this on Pinterest and Etsy for pretty expensive prices!!! So is there a video anywhere of exactly how you loop the burlap within and in and out of the wire wreath?!? Cuz I don't fully understand exactly what you did to make it look like that - And I really want to do this!!!

πŸŒžπŸ˜»πŸ’œπŸ’–πŸ’—β£οΈ