How to Make a Holiday Wreath With Everyday Objects

$10

I had a plain faux pine wreath from Michael's. In the past I'd add ribbons and call it a day. And that was usually enough, but this time I wanted to go off the beaten path and try something different.

how to make a holiday wreath with everyday objects

This time I took out the ribbons and worked with what was already there. Mainly the pine cones.

But I wanted to add something different, something I already had at home.

My eye fell on these old fashioned clothes pins and the idea came to me to try and use them in the wreath. They have such a rustic beauty about them.

I added them to the wreath. And then I remembered I had an old necklace full of pretty earth toned stones. So why not add those too and see how it looked.

Don't you think they look great next to that twine wrapped ball?

And because I wanted to finish it off with a bang I used two bells which I had painted a while back to add a little color.

This is how it looked on the front door of the house. There was only one problem. The screen door would not shut because the bells were too bulky so I had to switch them out for something else. To see what that is, click on the link below.

I think the wreath looks so good with all of these unexpected elements. Do you re-purpose household items and old jewelry to make something new? Show me!

Mary - The Boondocks Blog