How to Easily Transfer an Image to Wood and FREE Printables

$10

With Thanksgiving and Christmas being two busy holidays back to back, it's nice to have decor that is easy and budget friendly. This Transfer Image to Wood project transfers a Thanksgiving printable to one side of a piece of plywood and a Christmas printable to the other. Super easy to make and you can change decor with one flip of the wood.

I had all the supplies on hand so this project was pretty

how to easily transfer an image to wood and free printables

Then I covered the entire board with a couple coats of white chalk paint. 

While the paint was drying I created two printables, one for each side of the board. You can get these FREE Printables in my  Resource Library (for personal use only). Make sure to print the printables in reverse image. Then I applied ModPodge to the image side of the printable and placed it face down on one side of the plywood board. I repeated this process for the other printable on the other side of the board.

I allowed this to dry for 24 hours. Mod Podge like magic will transfer the image.  

I got a bowl of water and dipped my fingers in the water and wet the printable just enough to peel back a few layers or so of the paper to reveal the image.  

I did this over the entire printable. You can also use a paper towel to peel away the paper just be careful you don't rub the image off. I repeated this about 3 times on both sides allowing it to dry between peeling layers.

I sanded the edges and tried to remove more paper by sanding.

Once I was satisfied with my sanding I applied two coats of a polycrylic sealer.

Same board now its flipped for Christmas!

I hope you enjoyed this project that provides a quick and easy decorating solution for the holidays.

If you love printables then make sure to check out my Resource Library. I have a FREE library of printables, images and graphics.

Happy Holidays!

Tiffany from Dream Design DIY