Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Fort Collins, CO

Easy Holiday Clean Up

$1

It's that time of year when we clean up all of our holiday decor, and I wanted to share a few ways I clean up my mine with you.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

easy holiday clean up

Tree Storage -

Here is my 3 foot tree. My kids have a little one in each of their rooms too. We pull off all the ornaments to be packed up.

easy holiday clean up

I cover each of them with a large garbage bag to protect them and keep the dust off of them.

easy holiday clean up

I have a smaller tree that goes in my room. I wrap the entire thing - ornaments and all with saran wrap. This keeps the ornaments in place for next year and keeps the dust off.

easy holiday clean up

Ornament Storage -

For ornaments there are several different options to inexpensively and easily store them. Keep containers to place the ornaments in that will keep them safe and stack nicely. These containers here came from my Yankee Candle order. I love that it holds larger ornaments and odd sized ones as well.

easy holiday clean up

You can also use drink carriers and they stack nicely.

easy holiday clean up

Egg Cartons are wonderful to hold smaller ornaments.

easy holiday clean up

Once you get all of your ornaments in these containers, carefully stack them in a cardboard box or a plastic bin.

easy holiday clean up

Wreaths -

I hung my wreath on a hanger. I then pulled a kitchen garbage bag over my wreath. The bottom is at the top and I made a small hole for the hanger to come through. I cinched the bottom closed. This allows your wreath to hang up, stay nice, and keep the dust off.

easy holiday clean up

Wrapping Paper -

I use "slap bracelets" to hold my wrapping paper together so it doesn't unravel or get torn.

easy holiday clean up

I then place my wrapping paper in a shirt garment bag. I use a hanger to hang it up to keep it nice and out of the way.

easy holiday clean up

Bows -

I use a popcorn tin to hold bows. This protects them and keeps them nice.

easy holiday clean up

Lights -

Use a hanger to wind lights up. Hang them up until next year.

easy holiday clean up

Ribbon -

I use a shoe box that I had to store ribbon.

easy holiday clean up

Bags & Boxes -

I collapse clothing boxes and stack them, and I fold reusable bags to use again next year. I store them all in a large box that my boots came in.

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• S Ahern

These are all great ideas but where do you store all this. Do you have a closet just for decorations?

• Pat Alsip

I have stored our decorations in the attic for nearly 43 years. Temperatures from cold to hot in the last ten years have taken a toll. Some glue has let go and my water globes haven’t done well. Of course age is also a factor, but not all are old.

• Susan Mcdaris

Baby Shower Decoration

• Betty

How to remove wall paper