Sondra
Sondra
  • Hamilton, OH

Christmas Ornament Tree DIY

$15

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas and you may have seen similar ornament tree decorations in stores for between $60 and $90. I will show you have to make one for much less.

christmas ornament tree diy

To create your own ornament tree you will need only 3 main supplies. A foam floral cone, a tensil garland, and ornaments. When selecting the size cone you will need please remember to consider the completed diameter will be the cone diameter plus the diameter of two ornaments. I planned to display my ornament tree on an enclosed shelf so the dimensions were important to make sure it would fit.

christmas ornament tree diy

I attached the garland to the cone with a staple gun, but you could also use a glue gun. Which ever method you choose to use, you should begin attaching the garland at the bottom for the best results. I used staples in case I wanted to change out the garland next year, it will be much easier to remove the staples than it would be to remove hot glue.

christmas ornament tree diy

The next step is to attach the ornaments. They could be hot glued in place but I ended up attaching the ornaments using paper clips that I cut in half. I simply opened the paper clip by bending it, snipped the enter section off using these mini cutters, and used the two remaining portions to attach the ornaments. Again, I did this instead of using hot glue in case I want to change out one or more of the ornament colors next year.

christmas ornament tree diy

With the first color, begin at the bottom of the cone and create an upward spiral by placing ornaments progressively higher and to the left of the previous ornament.

christmas ornament tree diy

Begin the second row at the top and follow the spiral you created with the first color.

christmas ornament tree diy

Continue this process for the other rows of ornaments. You should end up with 4 rows.

christmas ornament tree diy

The final product is ready to be displayed and enjoyed. For the complete blog post please click here. If you enjoyed this Christmas DIY, click here to see steps for turning your empty plant stand into a beautiful Christmas decoration.

Sondra

• Jacquelyne May

A staple gun and styrofoam cone?

Seems staples have nothing to grab onto.

Do you use extra long staples?

• Sondra

That's true Lisa. I actually thought I had some pins when I started but I couldn't find them. I used the staple gun because it was here and available and when I tried it, it held tightly and was easy to do so I went with it

• Kiki Snewo (Deibler)

I really like this little tree! You can make any color your heart desires! Love this idea! Thanks for posting...👍🏻🎄

• Sondra

Thank you so much. You’re right, this could be done in any color or size.

• Lisa House

Nicely done! Thx for sharing. 🎄