Easy DIY Envelope Throw Pillow Covers

I wanted to give my living room throw pillows a summer makeover. I found some cute throw pillow covers online, but decided to go the diy route and save myself some money instead. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make these! If I can make them (being the complete non-sewer that I am) anyone can!
I ended up making covers for the navy and off white pillows. The purple and turquoise pillows are in the closet hibernating for the summer.
First, measure your pillow, and add one inch more in length and width in fabric for the front of the pillow. Then cut the fabric. Cut another piece of fabric the same width as the front piece. This time allow the length to be four inches longer than the front piece. Fold this piece in half lengthwise and cut on the fold. Now you have two pieces for the backside.
Iron the fabric for both the front and backside of the pillow. Next, fold the raw edges of the back pieces about a quarter-inch and press to create a smooth seam.
Then sew the seam on both pieces. Line up the front and back sides of the fabric so it is facing inwards, and sew around the whole pillow cover. Make sure to turn at the corners and not sew to the complete edge.
Turn the throw pillow cover inside out and add your pillow. Such an easy way to switch your throw pillows around without spending the money to buy brand new pillows!
I love their easy fresh look!

The Blue Eyed Dove

• Carole Bisby

So cute and so easy!!!!

• Tcooper9

Love doing this with fabric and a straight line with my machine! I have a variety of covers for all the seasons...so fun!