Fake These Gorgeous Pottery Barn Candlesticks

$25
1 Day

Love Pottery Barn holiday decor but don't love the price? Grab some table legs & terra cotta saucers for this genius trick! Check out the video for more how-to's!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

First stop - home depot - I purchased 3 different wooden legs at different heights. Then I purchased 6 terra cotta pot saucers for the top and bottom of each. For the longer table legs I purchased two larger saucers for the bottom for extra stability.

Step 1: Remove screws.

To begin, twist off the screws using a pair of pliers. This will leave your legs with a flat surface.

Step 2: Attach & let dry.

Next, attach the saucers using E6000 glue and let them dry overnight.

Step 3: distress.

After your candle sticks are dry, grab a bar of soap and begin rubbing it into the grooves of each leg.

Step 4: paint & let dry.

Next, grab some chalk paint, paint them & let them dry.

Step 5: Sand.

After that, sand the soap off of each leg.

These candle sticks are such a stunning accent to any room, and no one will believe you made them yourself!

Just add a bow and some greenery to dress them up for Christmas!

These are also great after the holidays too - mix and match your candles & decor -- the possibilities are endless!

I hope this inspires you to fake your own high end look today!

Happy Holidays, I'll see you in my next video!

• Kay Froelke Anderson

what Height of candles

• Sally

What is the point of the bar soap if you're going to sand the grooves anyway? I didn't understand that.

• Faye

How is the weight of them? Can they easily be knock over by a swipe of a cat's tail? Those saucers you use break easily. I think they have decorative square wooden blocks at places like Home Depot.

Thanks for the ideas

Faye

• Jessica

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

• MaryAnn

Those are some pretty, fancy candles. Did you DIY those too? Is there a tutorial on those somewhere?