CribbsStyle
CribbsStyle
  • Mount Pleasant, SC

Hall Closet Makeover

$100

Our hall closet is the command center for my girls. I wanted a place for them to store their socks, shoes, coats, and backpacks. To make it more user friendly and create more storage, I made some modifications.

hall closet makeover

We needed space to put backpacks and the wire rack was to high. First thing we did was purge and clear everything out.

hall closet makeover

I pulled out all of the wire and kept only one of the shoe holders. To put a shelf on top of the shoe holder we did keep. I secured a 1" x 2" support piece to the back and sides of the wall. Making sure the piece of wood that would act as a shelf would not be too low, I used the shoe holder as a guide. Using a brad nail gun to temporarily hold the wood support in place, I then drilled pilot holes into the studs and secured the wood with wood screws.

hall closet makeover

I repeated the same process for the shelf up higher in the closet. Once that was done I cut the wood for both shelves and dry fit everything before staining and sealing both shelves. I then painted the inside of the closet with paint that I already had on hand.

hall closet makeover

I added hooks to the wall, baskets to hold socks and other seasonal items. I also used chalk paint to add a message board to the back of the door.

hall closet makeover

The girls are happy to have a better functioning space and so am I!

To see the full post explaining more in detail, click the link below.

• 1" x 2" inch support wood  (Lowe's Home Improvement)
  • Wood boards- varying widths  (Lowe's Home Improvement)
  • 2 1/2" Wood screws  (Lowe's Home Improvement)
CribbsStyle