Alka-Seltzer Cleaning Hacks

$4

I was recently challenged to clean with Alka-Seltzer. What I loved about this challenge is it taught me some tricks I didn't know as well as helped me speed clean some things, and save time and energy.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Alka Seltzer is made of baking soda, citric acid, and aspirin. These are great cleaners and deodorizers.

Deodorize Your Fridge -

Fill a glass with 1 cup warm water and place 1 tablet into the glass. Set in your refrigerator, close the door, and leave it for 30 minutes.

Clean Glass -

Fill your coffee pot with water and place a couple tablets into the pot. Let sit for 10 minutes.

This also works to clean out vases that are cloudy, have rings in them, or have small openings that a brush can't get into.

Pour out the water, wash, and look how clean they are!

Clean Coffee & Tea Stains -

Pour 1 cup warm water in your mug and add 1 tablet. Let sit for 15 minutes.

Wash and your stains will be gone.

Clean Stainless -

Fill your stainless steel coffee pot with water, add 2-3 tables and let sit for 15 minutes or more depending on how dirty it is.

Scrub lightly with a scrub brush and wash out. Your pot will be clean.

You can also do this method to loosen burned on food to loosen it for cleaning.

Deodorize and Clean Water Bottles & Thermos' -

Fill with warm water and add 1-2 tablets depending on the size of the item and how dirty it is. Let soak for 10 minutes, and wash afterward.

Clean and Deodorize Coolers -

Fill the bottom of the cooler with warm water and add 5 tablets. Let stand for 15-30 minutes. Use a scrub brush to lightly scrub the bottom.

Wash the cooler out. It'll clean it and deodorize it.

Multipurpose Cleaner -

Place 1 cup warm water and 1 tablet in a squirt bottle. Use it to clean up surfaces like counters, sinks, and more.

Clean Your Toilet Bowl -

Place 4 tablets into your toilet bowl, wait 30 minutes, scrub with a scrub brush and flush.

Clean Your Sink and Drain -

Fill your sink with water, place 2 tablets in the sink and wait 10 minutes. Let the sink drain, use a paper towel to wipe up the sink, then rinse it. Doing this routinely will also keep your drains clean.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• River

Chas, I tried this for my coffee cups and pot, it worked great! Thanks so much for sharing this, it's amazing how shiny the coffee pot looked afterwards! I just wish I would have taken before and after pictures, the transformation is awesome! Thanks again!

• River

You're welcome Chas! I forgot to tell you, there were coffee stains in my kitchen sink too so I plugged the sink and use the tablets in the sink, amazing! I never would have believed Alka-Seltzer tablets would do such a fantastic job! Thanks again, they work wonders!

• Crumly

Thanks Chas for answering my question.