Upcycled Plastic Bottle Christmas Tree Ornaments

$5

This might be the simplest upcycling project I have ever made but I like the way it turned out. I also like the fact that it uses those single use water bottles that we seem to accumulate even though we try not to use them. It might not fit into Martha Stewart's idea of Christmas decorating but well what can I say I like to make things from trash and well I don't really think that is Martha's thing.

upcycled plastic bottle christmas tree ornaments

To start I gathered up all the water bottles and made sure that they were dry on the inside.

Then I added some alcohol ink to the inside of the bottle. Just drop some ink inside and rotate the bottle until the inside is covered.

Then I painted the caps with silver paint, smashed the bottles and wrapped some wire around the top to hang from the tree.

To decorate the tree I used some solar lights and my upcycled plastic bottle ornaments for this simple holiday decor.

Happy Holidays!!!

Thanks for taking a look at my project. I hope you enjoy recycling and upcycling as much as I do. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews you can subscribe to my   Youtube Channel here or the   Upcycle Design Lab blog here. 

Happy Upcycling!

Cindy

• Plastic Water Bottles  (Grocery Store)
  • Tim Holtz Red Alcohol Ink  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Silver Craft Paint  (Hobby Lobby)
Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab