Making the Simplest Mini Canvas Snowflake Ornament

$10

There is nothing more fun for me than to decorate the Christmas tree. This year I went with a very neutral metallic theme. But I just couldn't help myself, I had to have a few handmade ornaments in there. After all, how can I call myself a DIYer if I don't have any ornaments I made myself?

This latest ornament was the simplest I've ever made. All I needed was a few items.

making the simplest mini canvas snowflake ornament

I used a snowflake cookie stamp and bought a pack of 6 mini canvases. They were actually quite mini 2 x 2. The cookie stamp was meant for cookies but you know I've never used it for that. I guess we DIYer's always like to re-purpose everything.

With this project, all you need to do is brush a bit of paint onto the stamp. Make sure to blot it a bit on a paper towel so you don't end up with a blob on the actual canvas.

I chose metallic paints but you can really use any color you like.

In order to hang them I simply glued some thin twine onto the backs.

Let it dry and you have the easiest tree ornament ever! It has a vintage feel to it because the paint doesn't go on perfectly but looks sort of faded here and there.

And the cost is really frugal too when you think about the fact that you'll be using that stamp over and over again.

I think they look great on my tree, tucked in between all the glittery ornaments. To see more click below!

Mary - The Boondocks Blog