Apple Cider in a Jar With a Sweater Koozie

$10

I think we all have different smells and things we relate to specifically for holidays. For me absolutely nothing says Christmas more than hot apple cider. So, when it was time to make “Christmas in a jar” for the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop it was obvious what I was gonna do!

apple cider in a jar with a sweater koozie
I purchased packets of apple cider mix and some cinnamon sticks.I have several of these mason jars with handles on hand and thought they would be perfect for this!And then I headed to my local thrift store for one sweater… Of course I left with a sweater, a mirror tray, two shop rags and a lamp but I only spent $8!

Now, remember, I DO NOT sew – I literally have no talent in that area in ANY way. However, I thought even I was capable of making the adorable little sweater jar warmers I’ve been seeing around.

I simply cut the bottom of the sleeve off and cut just enough to allow for the handle. I added two buttons and slits for them.

I am totally smitten with my little jar koozie. I, of course, used my Grandma’s buttons.

I added packets of apple cider mix to each of them and three cinnamon sticks a piece.

As far as Christmas in a jar goes, as for me, this is totally it!

GrandmasHouseDIY

1 comment