Meg D
Meg D
  • Shelbyville, KY

Furniture Restoration

We found this old 50's high chair at a yardsale. I've been needing one for our grandson but not just any high chair would do.
furniture restoration, painted furniture
I don't have any photos during the transformation - the seat cushion was a little worn but no tears. We painted it a light gray and covered it with clear vinyl with a ladybug pattern. The trays were sanded and re painted with a nice clean white high gloss. Look at it now!
Steel wool to clean up the chrome pieces...

• David O'Brien

What kind of paint did you use and what time of vinyl?

• Meg D

i just used regular house paint on the cushion and painted right over the existing vinyl. I then covered it with a clear raincoat vinyl that had pre-printed lady bugs on it. the tray was scrubbed with sos pads and I spray painted it with 2x cover white spray paint - rustoleum.

• Samantha tanner

I have an old high chair a little like this in very good condition no tears a little rusty and faded. I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested contact me blamosamo@gmail.com

• Florence

Wow you did a fantastic job