Astronaut Snowman Kids Craft

$10

A snowman? In space? Well, not quite but this snowman is really cute! I think NASA would approve of him. For this snowman I used mostly Dollar Tree items so it is really inexpensive and fun for the kids to make too! This sort of just made itself because I had no idea what I was making but as it came together, it was perfect. Crafting should always take us to our own worlds of creativity. Or space perhaps!

astronaut snowman kids craft

This astronaut has made his winter debut. What will his mission be? To be cute, of course!

astronaut snowman kids craft

This is the ornament that started this creation. I saw an astronaut's helmet. See it? You can find this ornament at Michael's.

astronaut snowman kids craft

I filled this ornament with mini marshmallows. I need to make a face and also a way to keep the marshmallows in.

astronaut snowman kids craft

I remembered I had this ornament too. It came from Hobby Lobby. It is big enough to fit in the other ornament. I made a face with buttons and ribbon for the nose.

astronaut snowman kids craft

I also took a sandwich baggie and put over the face. So it would look like a real helmet. As real as an astronaut snowman can get!

astronaut snowman kids craft

Now, for the snowman body. I used 2 glass bowls from The Dollar Tree. I filled them with fake snow from the Dollar Tree as well. I put felt on the bottom to keep the snow in. Then, glued them on one another.

astronaut snowman kids craft

I wanted his arms to be kind of fluffy like an astronauts suit. So, I took the mini marshmallows and made arms. How cute are they!

astronaut snowman kids craft

He needed an air pack. I took 2 toilet paper rolls and painted them. Just glue together and glue on the back of the snowman.

astronaut snowman kids craft

Every astronaut, even snowmen ones, need an American flag on his suit. I took mini legos from the Dollar Tree and made one. I glued it on felt. Cut out and glued on snowman.

astronaut snowman kids craft

An astronaut also needs a NASA patch on his suit. I made one with a small wooden piece. I added ribbon for more decor on his suit as well.

astronaut snowman kids craft

I also wanted to make his helmet have a back. I took automotive cloth from The Dollar Tree cut it and glued to the back of the helmet.

astronaut snowman kids craft

Might be hard to see but let me share more photos with you.

astronaut snowman kids craft

His American flag just makes me happy!

astronaut snowman kids craft

He stands proud and tall! He is ready for his mission. One small step for man, one GIANT leap for snowman-kind!

The CSI Project