Asked 7 days ago

How can I makeover this fireplace?

Beth H.    Makemeprettyagain.blogspotDeeE s desanna
+1

What could I do to makeover this fireplace? Should I leave it white and add a big mantel or paint it?

q fireplace

This is at night so lighting is bad.

q fireplace

Excuse the mess on the floor and in front of the actual fireplace,but you can get the just of it. We just done a total remodel so still have a mess.

• Ger

put an oak beam over the fire itself large clock or mirror also great room. check pinterest for great ideas

• E s desanna

It's hard to see what the room looks like beyond the fire, but if the walls are also white, I would suggest a rustic beam-like mantel. And/or a large painting as wide as the firebox, or a collection of 5 smaller, different sized things like baskets or mirrors with interesting shapes. These would have to be large enough to fill the space without crowding and hung asymmetrically.

A traditional mantel might look odd against the high and wide brick expanse.

• can't tell if it's brick. if so, maybe paint it, add a nice mantel like shown above. or tile over it, add some millwork above. examples of what you could do: