Asked on Dec 6, 2018

How do I get rid of cat urine order?

KmdreamerShedogUnique Creations By Anita
+5

• Nicole Kid
      Nicole Kid

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked. He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.

It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior.

Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :)

Here's a link the their site if you're interested in checking it out.

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing this. Have a wonderful day!

• You need to clean with an enzyme cleaner and think about getting upholstry professionally cleaned to get rid of it. If there is any trace the cat will keep spraying. If your cats are not fixed you should do that too and make sure their litter is fresh and clean.

• Theresa Lee
    Theresa Lee

Thank you for responding unfortunately she is going on hardwood having hard time stopping her but will try enzyme cleaner 🐈

• Jackie
      Jackie

I am going through this same thing on my hardwood floor, I use natures miracle,(cat formula) dampen (not soak) a rag and let it sit on the area after I thouroughly clean it until dry. It has helped so far, and I've been closing off the room that my 10 year old male neutered cat had been going in.

• Unique Creations By Anita
    Unique Creations By Anita

I tried a few natural methods, but found urine off spray worked the best.

• Shedog
    Shedog

Vinegar will cut the urine smell and it also will remove the spray of male cats.

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

I have used white vinagar and baking soda let it bubble up about 20 minutes then clean it with Clorox cleanup.