Marty's Musings
Marty's Musings
  • Greensboro, NC

DIY No Sew Pillow Made Out of a Place Mat!

$005

Can’t sew a lick but want beautiful pillows for your home? This easy and inexpensive DIY no sew pillows made out of place mats are the answer! No sewing machine required and it’s easy and cheap to change up for any season of the year!

diy no sew pillow made out of a place mat

Have you ever known someone who was very handy with a sewing machine?

My mom used to make some of our clothes when I was little and my sister churned out window treatments like nobody’s business.

As crafty as I consider myself, I don’t know how to sew.

Place mats to the rescue!

Using a seam ripper, take apart the seam at one end of the place mat.

Use an old pillow for its stuffing or polyfill (found at craft or fabric stores) and stuff the place mat until it’s as fluffy as you want it.

(One of  my favorite yard sale tips is to find “ugly” pillows at yard sales and just remove the stuffing instead of buying new polyfill.)

Hot glue the end of the pillow shut.

That's it! If you don’t like the idea of hot glue you can also use hem tape (Stitch Witchery) to attach the ends together.

Love the plaid no sew pillows in this picture! You can also check out my No Sew DIY Bed Skirt, too!

Marty's Musings