Christmas Ornament Bouquet

$5

Want a clever way to use old ornaments? Then you must try this simple project that takes them off the tree and makes them the star of your table! These ornament bouquets can be made in minutes and make a beautiful Christmas centerpiece. If you like this idea, don't miss these other simple Christmas projects that you can do in under an hour for under $20.

I have quite the collection of ornaments that I have amassed over the years (I can't bring myself to give them away!) and I'm always looking for new ways to display them over the holidays. I came up with this simple idea when I realized that the hole on the top of the ornament, where the metal hanger is, is perfect for slotting a floral wire "stem" inside. Just add greenery (mine is from my yard!) and you have a pretty bouquet!

Supplies:

• Christmas bulbs with an opening on the top (I recommend using shatterproof ornaments for this)
  • Green floral wire (a thick enough gauge to support the ornament)
  • Floral foam
  • Greenery (faux or real)
  • Vase

Step 1: Take a piece of floral wire and cut in half. Poke one end into the top of an ornament.

Step 2: Stick the other end of the floral wire into a piece of floral foam.

Step 3: Continue adding ornament "flowers" into the floral foam and place the the foam into a pretty vase (my vase is actually just a coffee can wrapped with twine!). Complete your arrangement by filling any gaps with greenery. You can use fresh or artificial greenery for your bouquet!

I love crafting for the holidays! I have tons of other simple Christmas ideas for you on my blog Design Improvised - check them out here!

Design Improvised | Haeley Giambalvo