Asked on Dec 7, 2018

How can you repair scratches on a black smooth top stove?

Lynn SorrellJohnavallance82Joy30150932
+5

My smooth top stove top has gotten scratched over the years and some of them are deep. Is there any way to fix this or do I just have to buy a new stove. Any ideas?

• Rose Broadway
    Rose Broadway

Pam, here's a video that caught my eye, I'm going to try it on my stove. My first glass top stove lasted 8 years and still looked brand new. The one I have now started looking bad within a year and Sears told me it was "normal." That tells me they don't make them like they used to!! I hope this helps you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmR4Nh5K_yk

• Joy30150932
    Joy30150932

Probably nothing you can do with this stove top. If you decide to go with a new stove or top, take a look at your pots to make sure they are not rough on bottom as this tends to scratch the surface of the stove top.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hi there Pam,

You could Blackin that is used for Stoves....

• Pam Goins
      Pam Goins

Where do you get this product? And remember it is a glass top stove-so not everything will work. Thanks!

• Lynn Sorrell
    Lynn Sorrell

I have black glass top I use BioCleaner clay product works like a dream cleaning,removing scratches,protecting get it at QVC.com or Amazon(not always in stock)