How do I clean burned stainless steel cookware?

+5
  • Cindy Cindy on Dec 07, 2018

Hello. Cindy here. The best product to clean your stainless steel pots and pans with is called Bar Keepers Friend. It will clean those burn marks right off. Just sprinkle some on a wet cloth and scrub away. Good luck and Happy Holidays.

• Ladydi Ladydi on Dec 07, 2018

Try coarse salt and a stainless steel scrubie;

be careful not to put deep scratches on your pot by rubbing too hard

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Dec 08, 2018

Soak your cookware in warm, soapy water for a few hours to "soften up" the burn marks and then sprinkle baking soda over them and then rub it in with a sponge. Allow it to set until dry and the scrub it off

• Marilyn Marilyn on Dec 08, 2018

Last month I forgot I had potatoes on the hob and - WoW did they burn down to very hard horrible lumps! A friend told me to empty out anything that would come out of the pot then fill to above the burned on 'stuff' with cheap cola and leave overnight --- it worked for me - hope it works for you. Seasons Greetings.

• Catef Catef on Dec 08, 2018

I checked with the manufacturer of my stainless and the instructions said to use baking soda, a lot, and boil with a good amount of water until all burnt items are loosened.

I read about the Coca Cola one but have not tried it.

• Lisa Lisa on Dec 08, 2018

If I have burned stuff in the bottom of my stainless steel pot, I take out everything that will come out. Then I put about 2" of water in the bottom and dribble some Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day dish soap into it. The next morning, I take my walnut scrubbie (green scrubbie will work just as well) and it comes off easy peasy. I hope one of our answers will help you out!

• Bbunny42 Bbunny42 on Dec 10, 2018

I fill my pan with a good amount of warm water, add a dryer softener sheet and soak overnight, then scrub a little. Repeat if necessary.