How to clean my oven?

+4

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Dec 07, 2018

I'm lazy, I just use Easy Off oven cleaner.

• Estella Mariness Estella Mariness on Dec 07, 2018

Vinagre and baking soda

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 08, 2018

Use ammonia to clean your oven while you sleep: https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/clean-your-oven-the-smarter-way

• Joan Stanley Joan Stanley on Dec 09, 2018

I was amazed at how great vinegar and baking soda worked! Easy, fast, no fumes. Sprinkle baking soda liberaly on all surfaces. Then dab vinegar all over with a sponge. I leave it on for 30-60 minutes. Wipe it all off with a sponge, rinsing often. (I use a sponge with the scrubby pad on one side in case there's a tough spot) Don't forget the top, back and sides.

If you have trouble reaching the back wall, most stoves are made so you can remove the door. Just open the door to the first stop and then pull straight up. It will slide off the hinges. It's heavy so be prepared. But then you can set it on the counter and clean it there. Now the back and top of the oven is much easier to reach. To replace it, just reverse the removal steps.

Another little tip, from my Mom: Your oven should have two racks. On the lower rack, that I seldom use, I line it foil. I cut small slits in it here and there to be sure it does not interfere with the heat. But, the foil catches a lot of "oops" and saves your oven.

Hope this helps you!

• Yammy Yammy on Dec 09, 2018

I agree with Joan. I warm up the oven first, then shut it down & then apply the soda & vinegar. So much healthier to do it this way.