Asked on Dec 8, 2018

How can I get my clematis to flower?

CindyRedcatcecAnne

• Anne

They do bloom. I can never get mine to bloom either, but my sister has a same one and it blooms every year. It depends on how rich your soil is.

• Redcatcec

Hi Kirsty,

It probably is the soil, try adding some Epsom Salt to the area around your Climatis, being careful to not get it on the plant itself, it will burn it. The Epsom Salt is magnesium sulfate and is a valuable mineral many plants need. See if this helps.

• Cindy

Hi Kirsty. I'm Cindy. Dissolve one tablespoon of Epson Salt in a gallon of water. Sprinkle this solution on the soil at the base of your Clematis. Then put more water in the same spot. The additional water will help the roots receive the Epson Salt. You can repeat every two weeks. You should see improvement in just a few weeks. You can use this solution for any of your outdoor plants, including the vegetable garden. Good luck Kirsty and Happy Holidays.