DIY Abstract Alcohol Ink Ornaments

$10

I don't know about you, but there are a few crafting materials that I just love working with. But that sometimes gets me in a crafting rut, and I get out of the habit of trying new things. Today I'm sharing a project I worked with alcohol ink for the first time to complete. Have you ever worked with it?? I didn't know much about it...nothing like diving in head first.

I started off with a solid-colored glass

diy abstract alcohol ink ornaments

The alcohol ink I used came in a little bottle with a dropper. I used black and gold but mostly focused on the black because I loved the chic combo of black and white. Plus the black was super deep and opaque. I liked that. I just started by dropping it on. The great thing with an abstract approach is that there is very little you can do s

For some of the ornaments, I set them upside down and let the alcohol ink drip down onto a plate.

diy abstract alcohol ink ornaments

For others, I just squiggled the tip around making spiral shapes and hung those to dry.

diy abstract alcohol ink ornaments

What do you think?? I love the way they turned out. The black and white ones are my favorites. Very bold. I did a black, white, gold, silver, and natural wood themed Christmas tree this year, so they fit great. Here are just a few of them.

diy abstract alcohol ink ornaments

For more details and pics about this project, click the link to the original post next to my pic below! These were part of a week-long series of DIY ornaments I did...you can check those all out here, including glitter ornaments, winter-scene ornaments, potpourri ornaments, faux marbled ornaments, and more! I also made some DIY tree-shaped ornaments using paint stirrers that you might like.

Brittany @by Brittany Goldwyn