Mini Wreaths for Kitchen Cabinets

$1

Christmas is my most favorite time of the year to decorate! I tend to decorate every room in the house! I'm all about saving money and it especially applies during the holidays. I always thought that the looks of wreaths on kitchen cabinets was so cute. I looked into buying small small wreaths for our cabinets, but the ones I liked were way too expensive for my budget. To save myself lots of money I didn't have to spare, I decided to make some small wreaths to add to the cabinet doors in our kitchen.

I'm going to show you how I made these cute wreaths for less than $1 each!

You will need the following items to recreate my wreaths:

Garland Ties - $1 at Dollar General

Ribbon (with wired edges) - I had this in my stash

Small Pine Cones - .79 cents at Dollar General (ON SALE)

Hot glue gun and glue - I had this in my stash

You will need four (4) ties per wreath. There will be two (2) ties for each half of the wreath.

Take two ties and wrap/twist them together all the way to each end. I start int he middle and wrap out toward the ends.

Now you will have a thicker, fluffier tie. Remember, you need two of these for each wreath.

Take both fluffier ties and wrap/twist the ends together at both ends to create your circle.

Shape it into a circle like this and make sure both of your ends are securely wrapped into each other.

Cut one piece of the wired ribbon at 12 inches long (you may want to adjust this length if your cabinets are larger) and wrap about 1 inch around the wreath and secure with hot glue.

Now add three small pine cones to the ribbon area with hot glue. You could use other embellishments if you'd like to.

Since the ribbon has wire in it, I just folded it over the top of the door and they hang there nicely. Just shape them to the top of the door. You can secure them with a flat thumb tack or a tiny command hook if you'd like.

I use almost all of my cabinets daily and I have not had a problem with them wanting to fall off.

I love how they look and I also love that they cost me less than $1 each to make.

If you'd like to see more of my holiday farmhouse decor, just click right here.

Thanks so much for looking!

15 Perfectly Round Tables
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
DeeDee

• Mom8362233
    Mom8362233

What color is the kitchen cabinets ? They would go great in my newly kitchen.

Thanks

• Terri Schwartz
      Terri Schwartz

in the laundry room post, you mentioned antiquing glaze, but instead you used Minwax stain. Which did you use in the kitchen??

• Sylvia
    Sylvia

What did you do with the lace in the picture?

• DeeDee
      DeeDee

Hi Sylvia, its a crocheted doily I keep on my table for decoration. It just happened to get in the project pictures. :)

• Katherine
    Katherine

Hummm. I thought the lace doily was going to be featured

• DeeDee
      DeeDee

Sorry about that, it just happened to be on the table!🤷🏻‍♀️

• Jeanne Martin
    Jeanne Martin

I made these for my cabinets this year. I must be heavy handed opening & closing my cabinet doors because mine kept flipping backwards. An easy fix is a small glue dot stuck to the cabinet at the bottom of the wreath and then push the wreath into the glue dot. No flipping backwards now! The glue dot will easily peel off my cabinet door after the holidays.

• DeeDee
      DeeDee

That sounds like the perfect fix! Thank you so much for sharing!

• Sandys SYCmail
    Sandys SYCmail

this is so simple, yet has such a BIG impact!! They really do look great and it totally turns your kitchen into a festive holiday hangout! The price is definitively affordable, too - I totally want to make some for next year - or - I might not wait that long - I might look for something similar to the pine wreath ties (some type of green leafy stuff), and use different embellishments (pastel wire ribbon, birds nests, eggs, etc.) to make some Spring cabinet wreaths!! That would look really cute - especially with a farmhouse style decor!

• DeeDee
      DeeDee

Hi Sandy! Thank you so much! That sounds like a wonderful idea! Have fun! :)