DIY Ant Trap and Pesticide Powder

Now that I understand the potential for harsh chemicals to do harm to myself and my family, I continue to seek out natural alternatives when it comes to pest control.This DIY ant trap works every time!
Mix 1 Tlbs. sugar with 1 Tbls hot water and add 1/2 tsp of borax. Saturate a cotton ball with the mixture and place in ant infested area. I use a mason jar lid.
diy ant trap and pesticide powder, pest control
At first the ants gravitate to the cotton, making the situation appear worse than it really is. They eat the poisonous borax and before you know it, your foe has been vanquished.
Looking for more natural pest control solutions? Check out the pesticide powder recipe using bay leaves, peppermint leaves, and diatomaceous earth!
Andrea Fabry

• Judy

Will this hurt my 2 year dog, chihowa!?

• Susan Armstrong

What's good to use for roaches

• Neloh

Borax is also good for roaches. They eat the borax, go back to the nest. Borax expands and breaks the exoskeleton which kills the roach and the next feeds on the borax and repeats the cycle.

• KW

You can use grits on ant beds and it will kill the ants.

• Linda Bass

how about mice?

• Neloh

Peppermint spray...essential oil in some water. Mice and snakes, alike, hate peppermint!