Create A Simple Wall Art With Decoupage, Chalk Paint & Craqueleur

I saw some expensive prints at Oka and decided I would try to replicate the idea on a canvas with some decoupage and Annie Sloan's craqueleur. I have created a step by step tutorial on how to achieve a similar look for your home.
You can choose any subject you want, I chose the heron as it was a similar image that inspired me in the first place. However, this will work with any image. You can also apply this technique to furniture or wood.
After my image was applied and two layers of craqueleur
The finished canvas with a coat of dark wax
A different image, same technique

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Lee Caroline - A World of Inspiration

• Sandra Harvey
    Sandra Harvey

You didn’t say how you fixed your image to the canvas or does it matter ? Am I right to assume that all you did was cut out a picture, glue it to a canvas followed by 2 coats of the crackle medium ? Then you said you used a coat of wax. What kind of wax ? I love your idea but I’m having trouble grasping how you got it . Thank you . Sandy in Florida

• Cwg16685591
    Cwg16685591

I love this!
  • Lynn
    Lynn

These pieces are beautiful! I can only imagine what the work looked like that inspired this creative venture, but your projects certainly look like the type of thing I’d expect to find someplace like Pier One Imports, carrying a price I’d balk at. :) You did a superb job! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us.