Kat
Kat
Asked on Dec 9, 2018

How do I fix a 3 year old dishwasher making a loud scratching sound?

StepheneyCindyWilliam
+2

• SavvyGal

Get your make, serial # and year your dishwasher was made. Then, go on youtube under the manufacturer's name you will find many helpful videos to repair your dishwasher. I recently had to replace the upper shelf arms that lower and raise the shelf. You can also google the manufacturer direct for your part(s) for purchasing.

• Trish

I had the same problem with my dishwasher. You need to clean the thing that breaks down food. You probably have a bone or something caught in there. Sorry can't think of the name of it but its all the filters and such on the bottom of your dishwasher. An old toothbrush will work well. Go onto youtube. You will find some good tutorials there.

Go to https://www.repairclinic.com/. Put i your model number. They have schematics, repair guides, troubleshooting, and sell parts.

• Cindy

Hi Kat. I'm Cindy. I agree with above comments. You can put something like "dishwasher making scratching noise" in the search bar on YouTube.com. They will respond with a selection of tutorials for you. Knowing your make and model numbers would really help. You Tube has tutorials on everything under the sun. Good luck Kat and Happy Holidays.

• Stepheney

Get rid of the mice !