Asked on Dec 9, 2018

How do I stop my house from settling and repair the damage?



house is over 25 years old and is starting to show settling. How do I correct this issue? repour concrete that is cracking on the front porch, pad at basement?

5 answers
  • Within the Grove
    on Dec 9, 2018

    We had this issue in our other home. We had Ram Jack come out and diagnose the problem and the solution. Their prices are VERY high so we were able to take what they told us, get a second opinion, and hire a local company to fix the issue at a lower rate.

  • Have a consult with a structural engineer. You may even need a soils expert for a compaction survey. There are many methods and you need a professional opinion on how to proceed. Not a typical homeowner DIY. Sorry, isn't going to be easy, but can be remedied. On the upside, sometimes all that is needed is regrading the land around the house to slope away from the structure and install French drain systems and then securing the foundation.

  • Mogie
    on Dec 9, 2018

    Look up "foundation repair services" in your phone book are online. Call each and get a quote.

  • Landsharkinnc
    on Dec 10, 2018

    you need a professional opinion ..

  • Luna
    on Dec 10, 2018

    I experienced this as well. Had to hire soil engineer and contractor to repair foundation none of which my homeowners insurance covered. Good luck.

Your comment...