Decorate Your Kitchen Window (or Any Window) For Christmas

$5

I don't know about you, but whenever I have people over for a meal at my place, they invariably gravitate to the kitchen. Which begs the question, why is the kitchen the last room we think about decorating for Christmas? If you have a window in your kitchen, here's an easy way to dress it up for the season.

I took down the curtain rod and topper that was on this window, leaving a rather uninspiring space.

I had these faux holly garlands on hand and liked the fact that they were different from most garlands, with some colour on them. I used two garlands that are approximately 5-feet long. You may need to adjust the length to accommodate the window you're working on.

The idea is to make two garland swags in front of the window.

The café curtain rod I had up used brackets like this and they worked for hanging the garland, as well. If you don't have brackets like this, cup hooks or Command Strips will serve the purpose nicely.

You will need to make the top garland a bit shorter than the one beneath it, so just pull a bit more over the edge of the hook you're using and let the excess hang down the other side of it.

Here's the finished window treatment after hanging a few red ornaments to match the berries on the garlands. I enjoy having this festive décor in my kitchen. Click the link below to see more easy ways to decorated the kitchen for Christmas.

To see more: http://www.dollarstorestyle.com/Christmasinthekitchen.html