DIY Rustic Patio Table Top

Last Fall, we woke one morning to find our patio table shattered into a gazillion pieces. We'd left the umbrella up overnight and a storm blew through. Grrrrrr. I figured we'd replace the glass in the Spring, but turned out it would cost waaaay more than anticipated. Around $350, AND who's to say Mother Nature would spare us during the next storm? As the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." No more glass-top patio tables for this gal.
diy rustic patio table top, painted furniture, rustic furniture
The remaining six chairs and umbrella were in perfect condition, so I set out to find a non-glass replacement table for less than the $350 it would cost to replace the glass. No luck. Couldn't even find a secondhand table. Frustrated, yet determined, I stared at the empty aluminum frame until I came up with a plan. I'd build my own table top and attache it to the aluminum frame. My vision: a rich, rustic, wood table top. One trip to Lowes later, I had everything I needed including 5 wood planks, a quart of stain, a package of 1 1/2" screws and the super star of this project - a hole saw drill bit.
I used Olympic's Maximum all in one Stain and Sealant in Espresso to get the rich finish I envisioned. The application was simple and dried quickly.
2 1/4" hole saw.
2 1/4" hole saw.
I was a little intimidated by the hole saw drill bit, but it snapped right into my drill with ease and worked like a charm.
This DIY Rich and Rustic Patio Table was completed in an afternoon for less than $100. We should probably thank Mother Nature because we like it even better than before!

To see more: http://collectedsociety.blogspot.com

• Maggy

Why can't I see a picture of the finished table? I'm sure it's here somewhere just can't find it....never mind...found it.

• Antonettakowalewski

Nice, nice, very nice. However you can make it yourself. Just google woodprix and learn how to do it easily.