Asked on Dec 10, 2018

How can I make a cool and original head board?

Sal3170064Abigail EllisRebecca Taylor
+11

I am trying to think of something to make as a headboard but not an original I would like to hang something from the celling and it flow down. I was thinking beads, but my I really don't know if I sit long enough to string beads I have a Queen bead .. So if anyone has some cool ideas please share.

• Cynthia H

Hi Kay! I've often thought this idea was a cool one:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/393431717435857189/

• Rebecca Taylor

Hi Kay, What about hanging ribbon and putting some heavy beads on the ends so that it has something to straighten it out and look pretty too. You could use different patterns and shades that match your room. You may have to glue the ends together to get it long enough but you could put beads there to cover up the glue. That way you still get your beads without all the work of stringing a bunch of them.

• Abigail Ellis

I just saw a really great alternative headboard made from 2 curtain rods and a long piece of fabric. You can hang the fabric from one rod on the ceiling, and then use the other rod on the wall to drape it. Then let the ends flow down the wall.

This video, where the image comes from, does a better job explaining how to do it!

• Sal3170064

How about net lights. I had one above my bed wall as a backdrop. It looked magical.

Or use a colourful curtain.

• Sal3170064

You could also make a macrame hanging. Sed Pinterest for ideas.

• Kay Arnette

So just go to u tube and type in macrame tutorial and it will pop up and pretty much teach me how to macrame. Now I have ideas and I can choose on . I will let you know how it went. Thanks ya all