DIY Christmas Ornament Wreath Decor

$45

The Christmas season is finally upon us and I, for one, have been waiting all year to start decorating! This is our first Christmas in our new apartment, so there's an added level of excitement. I decided to kick of the season with a simple ornament wreath. I originally planned on incorporating red, but in the end I opted out.

diy christmas ornament wreath decor

diy christmas ornament wreath decor

What you'll need:

A Wreath

Tinsel Garland

Ornaments

Small Vase-Filler Ornaments

Bow

Wire Cutters [Optional]

Hot Glue Gun

diy christmas ornament wreath decor

Step One:

Use the wire cutters to remove the greenery from the frame of the wreath. Obviously, you could purchase an empty wreath frame and skip this step but I decided to save money by using the greenery as a garland later!

diy christmas ornament wreath decor

Step Two:

Wrap the frame with the tinsel garland, making sure not to leave any gaps.

diy christmas ornament wreath decor

Step Three:

Start lining up the ornaments on the inside of the wreath. Get them all situated -figuring out the order of color/texture- before you hot-glue them down. (I learned this the hard way!)

diy christmas ornament wreath decor

Step Four:

Next, line up your ornaments around the outside of the wreath. Be careful not to match any of the ornament colors/textures from the inside row onto the outside row.

diy christmas ornament wreath decor

Step Five:

Fill the center with another row of ornaments. In my case, I left an opening at the end to attach my bow. This was not necessary and you could nix the bow, opting for a seamless ornament-only wreath. This is also where I started adding the vase filler balls to add some dimension as well as the cover some of the openings where you could see through the holes between the ornaments.

diy christmas ornament wreath decor

Step Six:

Attach the bow and hang up your beautifully festive wreath!

I hope you guys give this a try, it's a quick and cheap project that has huge impact! As I write this, it is my favorite Christmas DIY to date!

To see more DIY projects plus recipes, lifestyle, and interior design check out www.teaandsawdust.com

Hayley ~ Tea & Sawdust