Cast Off Christmas Decorations - Use It or Lose It!!

$0

Every year I seem to have a pile of random decorations that just ends up back in storage. So this year I decided to either use it or lose it!

cast off christmas decorations use it or lose it

Step 1: After laying everything out and eye-balling it for awhile, I decided to make a wreath! I had 2 really scrawny ones the same size, and one with white snow. The one with snow was really messy and had yellow spots on it (ewww - yellow snow!)! So I pulled off the lights and the holly berries and tossed that wreath.  

Step 2: I found a little snowman with a wooden frame and I attached that to the back on one of the other wreaths using zip ties.  

Step 3: On the 3rd wreath I snipped the 2 metal circles on the back that holds it all together using side cutters. Then I placed that one behind the snowman and wrapped the edges in around the front one. Kind of like a sandwich. I had planned to zip tie them together, but that wasn’t even necessary! The tension on the metal circles was strong enough to simply piggy back the other wreath nice and tight!

Step 4: I hot glued some other random items I had onto the ‘scene’ and added pine cones. Then I wrapped the edges with holly berries. 

Then I plugged the lights from the 2 wreaths together and hot glued the cords together so they would be neater.  

And voila – a very cute wreath! Even though I’m an avid DIYer, I’ve never been overly ‘crafty’ so I’m very proud of this creation! It will certainly not end up in a junk pile next year! J

• Jewellmartin

Looks mighty professional to me! Putting the snowman in the window really ties the back layer to the front layer.

I would have kept the white wreath, too. Some spray paint or snow, ground cinnamon with some glitter, maybe some cookie cutters and wooden spoons, and the kitchen would be spiced up! ☺️

• Valerie Burge

Thanks Jewell! And good idea about the white wreath! I should have posted on here for suggestions before ditching it.

• Lalaroze

NICE👍🎀