DIY Grandma Sign - Grandchildren's Names and Birthdates

$10

Do you often struggle at every Mothers' Day, Birthday or Christmas what to get your mom or grandma? Would you agree that most moms/grandmas love personal gifts? Well worry no more I am here to help!

This post shows you how to make a wood sign that has a beautiful quote about being a grandma and displays all of her grandchildren's birthdays. This is sure to warm the heart of this wonderful lady in your life.

After the cuts were made I sanded and stained all of the wood pieces.

diy grandma sign grandchildren s names and birthdates

I drilled four holes in each piece of wood one inch from each end on the top and bottom of each wood plank except for the first and last planks. For the top plank with the grandma quote, only drill on the bottom. For the bottom plank only drill on the top. *Tip - to avoid drilling too deep wrap a piece of tape around a drill bit about the length of the screw eye. Drill and only go as deep as the edge of the tape. 

Here is a closer look at the drilled holes. 

I screwed in the screw eyes in every drilled hole. Then using the needle nose pliers I opened up the eye on the screw eye just enough to be able to slide and hook another screw eye through. However I only did this on all of the top screws and left the ones on the bottom closed.  

Also note that the screw eyes on the bottom of the planks are parallel with the wood. The screw eyes on the top of the planks are perpendicular to the wood. This was to make it easy to link the screw eyes together. 

I created and cut the grandma quote and grandchildren's names and birthdays on my Silhouette Cameo. If you don't own a cutting machine you can use acrylic paint and paint brush or an oil based sharpie to add the quote, names and birthdates. 

Once all the stencils were applied I attached the wood planks in order by oldest to youngest by looping the opened screw eyes that should all be on the top of the wood planks through the closed screw eyes that should all be on the bottoms of the planks. 

Then I wrapped it up and gave it to my step mom for Christmas. She absolutely loved it! 

Now you have an awesome gift for your mom/grandma that she will treasure forever! 

If you like this project check out these Farmhouse Planked Coasters and Christmas Ornaments.

Happy Building,

Tiffany

Tiffany from Dream Design DIY

• Lori

Love it!

• DN

Beautiful design, perfectly executed. This is a thoughtful and sentimental hand-crafted family heirloom! What a wonderful keepsake. I hope you signed and dated it on the back!