Dawn Dish Soap Hacks

$6
1 Day

Dawn is great for cleaning dishes - did you know it's great for other things too? I have used it to clean my carpet, as a laundry spot cleaner, and here are a few more ways I wanted to share with you...

You can see more of my crazy creations here

dawn dish soap hacks

Gel Ice Pack -

You can use different size baggies to make different size ice packs. Fill your baggie with dawn dish soap, squeeze out as much air as you can and seal it. Place it in the freezer for 1 hour or more. The longer it's in there the more solid it will become.

dawn dish soap hacks

Pull out and use as an ice pack for aches and pains or put it in your cooler. If using as an ice pack be sure to place a cloth between the pack and the skin. These are reusable too, so just put it back in the freezer when you're done.

dawn dish soap hacks

Paint Remover -

Have paint on your hands?

dawn dish soap hacks

Use Dawn soapy water and it'll clean your hands right up. You can also just squirt a little soap directly onto your hands, rub in, and rinse off.

dawn dish soap hacks

Clean Oily Tools -

Dawn cuts grease and oil. Make a sink of soapy water...

dawn dish soap hacks

Wash your tools, rinse, and dry off.

dawn dish soap hacks

Burned Food Remover -

Sometimes you wash a pan or run it through the dishwasher and there is still some tough stains that you can't get off. Got burned on food? No problem...

dawn dish soap hacks

Soak your pots, pans, bake ware in soapy water. Let soak for 30 minutes or over night for tough burned on food. Wash and use a scrub pan to get the grime off.

dawn dish soap hacks

Lubricate and Clean Door Hinges -

Put some Dawn on a washcloth and rub the hinge to lubricate it and get rid of squeaks. You can also clean up the black grease around the door hinges as well.

dawn dish soap hacks

Driveway & Garage Oil Spot Remover -

Squirt a little Dawn directly on those oil spots in your driveways and garage floors. Let it sit for 15 minutes.

dawn dish soap hacks

Use a scrub brush to brush it into the cracks and crevices.

dawn dish soap hacks

Rinse with water.

dawn dish soap hacks

Grill Cleaner -

Make a multipurpose cleaner of 2 cups water and 3 Tablespoons Dawn. Use this to clean your grill grates by spraying it on your grates and letting it stand for 15 minutes.

dawn dish soap hacks

Scrub with your grill brush and rinse. The left one is the before, the right one is after...

Got build up... place your grates in a container, cover them with water and add 1/2 cup Dawn. Let soak for 8 hours and scrub and rinse off.

dawn dish soap hacks

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Debra Johnson

Why doesn't dawn make a dishwasher soap i would buy it

• Cindy Butler Dorthy

Any ideas for cleaning around the burners on your stove top ? It seems like appliances are not enamel anymore but paint because they scorch so easily around the burner something they did not used to do .

• Plain Jane

Can DAWN take out coffee and cream stain out of a fine linen table cloth?

• Charmayne Leard

The very best natural cleaner is. 1 part Hydrogen peroxide 1/2 Dawn dishsoap 1/2 Baking Soda. Mix put on spot for 20 to 30 min. Then wash It will come out perfect!!!!

• Mary James

I kill ticks on my husband’s ultra-sensitive part pitbull dog... The dog won’t let anyone even look close at anything that hurts hi, so when /if we see a tick on him, we suffocate it in Dawn dishwashing soap, just enough to cover the whole tick... it also works great as a flea shampoo, as long as you follow up with a thorough rinsing AND a moisturizing conditioner so the pet’s skin doesn’t dry out too much... also safe for washing pets outside- ( unlike many “regular” flea& tick dog shampoos with pesticides)

• Debra Jones

You can also use a drop of peppermint oil on the tick and he will back out, that way you don’t have to worry about leaving the head in and cause sickness.

• Lori Eckert
    4 hours ago

Yes I have used it on my dogs but puppies can't handle store bought shampoos where they can Dawn. My child came home with head lice an I even used it on them an it works. Also if u have really bad oily hair it's great, keeps the oil away.