Dawn Dish Soap Hacks

$6
1 Day

Dawn is great for cleaning dishes - did you know it's great for other things too? I have used it to clean my carpet, as a laundry spot cleaner, and here are a few more ways I wanted to share with you...

You can see more of my crazy creations here

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Gel Ice Pack -

You can use different size baggies to make different size ice packs. Fill your baggie with dawn dish soap, squeeze out as much air as you can and seal it. Place it in the freezer for 1 hour or more. The longer it's in there the more solid it will become.

Pull out and use as an ice pack for aches and pains or put it in your cooler. If using as an ice pack be sure to place a cloth between the pack and the skin. These are reusable too, so just put it back in the freezer when you're done.

Paint Remover -

Have paint on your hands?

Use Dawn soapy water and it'll clean your hands right up. You can also just squirt a little soap directly onto your hands, rub in, and rinse off.

Clean Oily Tools -

Dawn cuts grease and oil. Make a sink of soapy water...

Wash your tools, rinse, and dry off.

Burned Food Remover -

Sometimes you wash a pan or run it through the dishwasher and there is still some tough stains that you can't get off. Got burned on food? No problem...

Soak your pots, pans, bake ware in soapy water. Let soak for 30 minutes or over night for tough burned on food. Wash and use a scrub pan to get the grime off.

Lubricate and Clean Door Hinges -

Put some Dawn on a washcloth and rub the hinge to lubricate it and get rid of squeaks. You can also clean up the black grease around the door hinges as well.

Driveway & Garage Oil Spot Remover -

Squirt a little Dawn directly on those oil spots in your driveways and garage floors. Let it sit for 15 minutes.

Use a scrub brush to brush it into the cracks and crevices.

Rinse with water.

Grill Cleaner -

Make a multipurpose cleaner of 2 cups water and 3 Tablespoons Dawn. Use this to clean your grill grates by spraying it on your grates and letting it stand for 15 minutes.

Scrub with your grill brush and rinse. The left one is the before, the right one is after...

Got build up... place your grates in a container, cover them with water and add 1/2 cup Dawn. Let soak for 8 hours and scrub and rinse off.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations