Dawn Dish Soap Hacks

$6
1 Day

Dawn is great for cleaning dishes - did you know it's great for other things too? I have used it to clean my carpet, as a laundry spot cleaner, and here are a few more ways I wanted to share with you...

You can see more of my crazy creations here

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Gel Ice Pack -

You can use different size baggies to make different size ice packs. Fill your baggie with dawn dish soap, squeeze out as much air as you can and seal it. Place it in the freezer for 1 hour or more. The longer it's in there the more solid it will become.

Pull out and use as an ice pack for aches and pains or put it in your cooler. If using as an ice pack be sure to place a cloth between the pack and the skin. These are reusable too, so just put it back in the freezer when you're done.

Paint Remover -

Have paint on your hands?

Use Dawn soapy water and it'll clean your hands right up. You can also just squirt a little soap directly onto your hands, rub in, and rinse off.

Clean Oily Tools -

Dawn cuts grease and oil. Make a sink of soapy water...

Wash your tools, rinse, and dry off.

Burned Food Remover -

Sometimes you wash a pan or run it through the dishwasher and there is still some tough stains that you can't get off. Got burned on food? No problem...

Soak your pots, pans, bake ware in soapy water. Let soak for 30 minutes or over night for tough burned on food. Wash and use a scrub pan to get the grime off.

Lubricate and Clean Door Hinges -

Put some Dawn on a washcloth and rub the hinge to lubricate it and get rid of squeaks. You can also clean up the black grease around the door hinges as well.

Driveway & Garage Oil Spot Remover -

Squirt a little Dawn directly on those oil spots in your driveways and garage floors. Let it sit for 15 minutes.

Use a scrub brush to brush it into the cracks and crevices.

Rinse with water.

Grill Cleaner -

Make a multipurpose cleaner of 2 cups water and 3 Tablespoons Dawn. Use this to clean your grill grates by spraying it on your grates and letting it stand for 15 minutes.

Scrub with your grill brush and rinse. The left one is the before, the right one is after...

Got build up... place your grates in a container, cover them with water and add 1/2 cup Dawn. Let soak for 8 hours and scrub and rinse off.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Pattie

Can you clean jewelry with Dawn.

• Marjorie

Will this work on cleaning the exhaust hood over my stove?

• Cathy

this is so cool!

Does it help keep fles off cat and dogs?

• Sharon Adams

Yes, I have used Dawn on my dogs forever. Obviously, I dont wash them every week in it. As bad as fleas have been this year, I have had no reason to use anything to kill fleas. My dog hasn't had even 1 flea this whole year. I guess I need to keep that a secret from the fleas or she will be getting them. I have also used vinegar on her (diluted) but not to kill fleas. It helps to keep itchy skin at bay. She gets hot spots sometimes.& it helps to get soap residue off her skin

Dilute w/water.

• Suz

I have used Dawn on a pan that had been used on the grill. I gave it a quick wash. Then I took it outside and rubbed Dawn all over the bottoms and side of the pan, sat it upside down in the sunshine all day. all of the smoke and oil came right off in soapy hot water that evening! My shiny pan was back!

• Barbara ann

here is a good one also.

I keep a bottle of dawn in the laundry room.any stains( grease, food, blood etc)

wet the stain & pour a little dawn full strength right on the stain. scrub it in a little

let set a couple of minutes & throw in the regular load. I have never had a stain not come out,no matter what it is or how long it has been on the material.

PS. I have to use the green dawn,the blue kicks up my allergies to fragrances. I also use the generic brand at family dollar.