A
A
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Vineland, NJ

Simple Glam Vanity

$40

My granddaughter is a girly girl. She loves unicorns, make up, and anything sparkly. She has been obsessed with having a mirrored covered vanity ever since seeing one in Pier One. She's only 7, so there's no way I was going to drop $300 to give her a place to paint her nails.

A friend gave me this little console table and it was perfect for this simple redo.

simple glam vanity

This is the table I started with. I love that it is so simple and has perfectly framed areas for the mirror.

simple glam vanity

Using Rub 'n Buff and a lint free cloth, I rubbed silver cream on all of the surfaces that wouldn't be covered with reflective plastic.

simple glam vanity

I made paper templates of the top and side panels and used those to cut out the reflective plastic.

simple glam vanity

I applied contact cement to the table and the back of the plastic. Next, I fit the plastic carefully on the top and into the side panels. Once satisfied it was properly in place, I used pressure to completely flatten it against the table. On the top I even used my heavy marble rolling pin to flatten the plastic.

simple glam vanity

Lastly, I removed the protective film.

simple glam vanity

Here's the finished vanity. Can't wait for Christmas morning to see her face!

• Becky

Ingenious! I hope the wee one was SO excited for Christmas! And you didn't have to break the bank!

• A

She was, and no, I didn't have to overspend.

• Yvette Gurule

Love this idea